Saturday, June 12, 2010

A different assignment for Monday


It's rare that I'll use this blog to talk about myself.

One reason is that most people could really less about what I'm doing. Another is that, as a high school beat writer, this site is used to promote the players and teams in The Sentinel coverage area.
But with all of our area teams knocked out of the PIAA Baseball Championships, I'll be stepping out of my day job with The Sentinel and covering the PIAA Class AAAA semifinal between District 7 champion Pine-Richland (right) and District 1 runner-up West Chester Henderson for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review at Greene Township Park, the home of the Chambersburg Trojans, in Scotland on Monday at 3:30 p.m.

It's an exciting opportunity to cover a state playoff game between teams that aren't in the Mid-Penn Conference. But it's also a credit to the strength of the teams in our area that this is the first time since I've been with The Sentinel (2007) that I don't have an area team still playing.

Another reason I'm posting this is to let our readers know that a game of this caliber will be right down the road in Scotland. Yesterday, I wrote about how great it was that two minor league facilities will host games Monday and I still believe that.

But if you're like me and enjoy watching big schools, try and make the short trip down Interstate 81 and take this game in. If you can't, please come back to Inside the Red Zone on Monday night to find a link to the story in the Trib.

No comments: